Join us for a summer day at
John Boyd Thacher State Park,
situated on the Helderberg Escarpment 15 miles southwest of Albany.
This year we will use the Glen Doone area at the park. It’s the first area on your right when coming from the south, or New Scotland/New Salem, direction.
- Drum circle at 9:30 am
- Native American prayer movement/dance
- Morning service at 11:00 am
- Bring-and-share picnic
- “OneSong” music service at 2:00 pm.
We gather in the pavilion for morning worship at 11:00. It is always a wonderful blessing to pray, sing and meditate together in the beautiful natural surroundings of Thacher Park, so aware of the amazing gift of God’s creation.
Enjoy great food and fellowship at noon at our bring-and-share picnic. Then go for a hike, play a game, or just sit and relax with Unity friends.
We end with sacred chants and songs with our OneSong service at 2:00 pm (keep those drums handy!)
Look for the big Unity Church banner on the right as you enter the park (from the New Scotland side).
Things to bring:
- A covered dish to share. (We provide tableware and beverages.)
- Food to grill (We have a big grill ready for you.)
- Lawn chairs or blankets (There are plenty of picnic tables.)
- A drum if you have one for the 9:30 drum circle
- Friends, smiles, suntan lotion, Frisbees, games, walking shoes