What is mine to do?
A world transformed through the spiritual awakening of all. We awaken to and embrace the Divine essence of all beings through prayer and service in our community and in the world.
The powerful words of Unity of Albany’s Vision and Mission statements invite us to ask, “What is mine to do? What is ours to do?”
We are not all called to the same service, but we are all called from the same voice of LOVE. Our small church community is blessed to have many avenues for connecting to Source and to each other. Why not check out our church ministries, service circles, and committees and see if something calls to you? For more information, use the contact form or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“From Thee I receive, to Thee I give;
together we share, and from this we live.”
– Song by Jonathan & Nathan Segal.
Service to Unity and beyond
Building and Grounds Committee Contact person: John Reith or email us at email@example.com
- Help steward the treasure of our beautiful home at 21 King Ave
- Plant, weed & clean up; Spring, Summer, Fall
Marketing Committee Contact person: Roger Mock
- Help tell the story of who we are at Unity of Albany! Grounded in attracting the just right new members who are looking for a spiritual home that noursihes.
- Roger Mock currently updates our website and would welcome help from anyone with interest and at least a little website experience, especially with WordPress. Training available.
- Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 pm
Social Justice Circle Contact person: Tim Sigrist or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We live into our mission through prayerful being and prayerful doing. Help be the hands and hearts of Love at work in the world.
- Come to events like Pride Parade (June 12, 2022); volunteer at FOCUS events; plan service events in our larger community and at Unity
- Meets once a month, the second Sunday of the month at 11:30 after the service.
Church In The Park (Thacher Park – mid July) Contact person: Dottie Frament or email us at email@example.com
- Work w/Hospitality team for refreshments
- Bring items to park
- Set up/Clean up
Ushers Contact person: Dottie Frament or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greet congregants/guests; distribute bulletins, guest packets, collect offering
- No regular meeting time, however new ushers always welcome!
Hospitality Contact person: Mary Myers or email us at email@example.com
- Set up before Service for Hospitality Coffee Hour
- Clean up after Coffee Hour
- Bring refreshments
Worship service planning Contact person: Rev Brigid Beckman
- As our community grows and evolves, our Sunday services do as well. Be part of the visioning of how we come together in prayer, song, and silence.
Audio/Visual Contact person: Roger Mock
- Assist our AV Manager at Sunday services or other events
Our regular week-to-week music team is by audition/invitation. If you are a skilled singer or musician and are interested in joining, please contact Roger Mock, our Music Director, to arrange an audition (it’s not a big deal, really!). We welcome a larger group of singers on special occasions such as the Christmas and Easter seasons and as announced during the year. Rehearsals are generally held on Thursdays at 7:00 pm.
Roger: (518) 881-6411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Chaplains Committee Chair: Dennis Ryan or email us at email@example.com
- Participate on prayer team on a daily schedule for prayer requested via email, phone and prayer box
- Offer individual prayer after morning services on Sunday
Bookstore Contact person: Eugenie MacFarlane or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catalog books
- Sunday sales staff
- Open bookstore during Special Events
Contact Us/Find out more
Interested in any of these areas of service?
Need more information? Fill out this contact form.