We are delighted to announce that we have reserved the Paint Mine Pavilion area at John Boyd Thacher Park on Sunday, July 11 for our annual Sunday in the park with God!
This year, according to the current New York State guidelines for gatherings (as of April 2), we are able to use the facility at 75% capacity, which means up to 200 people may gather at one time. Therefore we will not need to have more than one gathering time, as we did in 2020. Can we get an “amen?!”
This year, as in 2020, we will use the Paint Mine area at the park. It’s the first area on your left after you pass the Overlook area when coming from the south, or New Scotland/New Salem, direction.
All attendees must bring their own food, drinks and tableware.
There will be no grilling and no sharing of food between parties.
A parking fee of $6 applies to all vehicles. There is a kiosk onsite to take your credit card.
Parties may seat as many individuals at a single table as the table allows.
- Thacher’s picnic tables can hold 6 people comfortably, but 8 people is the maximum.
- Unvaccinated guests must continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing, per CDC guidelines.
- 9:30 am Drum Circle
- 11:00 am Service
- 12:00 pm on – Lunch on-your-own-but-together!
- 2:00 or so: SONG CIRCLE! (Starved for group singing at church? This will help!)
Look for the big Unity Church banner on the left as you (slowly!) drive through the park (from the New Scotland side).
Things to bring:
- You and your family/party.
- A drum if you have one.
- A mask for everyone in your party that is unvaccinated.
- Food and beverages for your party. There will be no sharing.
- Dishware, silverware, cups and napkins.
- Chairs or a blanket for everyone to sit on, and to help designate socially distanced spacing between families/parties.
- Optionally, bring an umbrella for sun or light rain protection.
- Hats and sunscreen.
- Your fun loving, wild spirit, heart felt zaniness.
- A bold, fun, creative game/idea to play.
HOW WE’RE STAYING SAFE
Guarding the health of our members and neighbors is of primary concern for our church, so we’re putting some things in place during this gathering to help do so.
- First, if you or someone in your household is feeling sick in any way, it’s important to stay home and join the online viewing option for Church in the Park. Also, if you or someone in your household is immune-compromised in any way, we encourage you to stay home and join us in spirit.
- We expect everyone who is unvaccinated to wear a mask and socially distance. If you don’t have masks, we will have some available at welcome.
- Arrival, departure, and everything in between, including our offering, will be contact-free. If you don’t already give online, there will be designated containers to place physical offerings in.
Sunday, July 11 at Thacher State Park, Paint Mine Pavilion area.