This 6-week course explores some of the more complex metaphysical concepts such as Oneness and creation, as well as offers a Unity perspective on terminology that is commonly used by much of mainstream Christianity. In the process, aspects of students’ embedded theology is exposed and Unity Teachings are clarified. Practical application is the primary goal. Prerequisite: Metaphysics 1
Topics Explored in this Class
- Beingness, Oneness, Divine Mind
- The Spiritual Universe, The Physical Universe
- The Divine Paradoxes
- The Trinity
- Evil, Sin, the Devil
- Jesus, Christ, Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus
- The Threefold Nature of Humankind (Spirit, soul, body)
- The Three Phases of Mind (Superconscious, conscious and subconscious)
- Personality, Individuality
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Compare and contrast their current view of God with Unity’s view of “God.”
- Differentiate between who you are and what you are.
- Compare and contrast Jesus, Christ, Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus, and explore the relationship and importance of these concepts in the student’s life.
- Synchronize the three phases of mind with humankind’s threefold nature.