We are delighted to announce that we now have use of the Paint Mine Pavilion area at John Boyd Thacher Park on Sunday, July 26 after having had to cancel our previously scheduled event for earlier in the month! Thanks to the staff at Thacher Park for reaching out to us!
REGISTER for Morning or Evening session
Please note that this year, because of the current New York State guidelines for gatherings, we are limited to 50 people at one time at the gathering. Therefore we will have TWO SEPARATE GATHERINGS – one in the morning and one in the afternoon – in order to accommodate a total of 100 attendees for the day.
Those who want to attend either the morning or the afternoon gatherings will NEED TO PRE-REGISTER. The Registration Form will be linked from this page on Friday, July 10. If you are unable to use the online form, you may call or email the Board to place your reservation:
Board’s email: email@example.com
Board’s phone number: 518-453-3603, extension 17.
Registrations are first-come/first-served. Once we reach 50 people in a session, the additional people will be placed in a waiting list. If you need to cancel, please let the board know so the we can let the people in the waiting list have your spot.
Thank you for understanding.
All attendees must bring their own food, drinks and tableware.
There will be no grilling and no sharing of food between parties.
A parking fee of $6 applies to all vehicles. There is a kiosk onsite to take your credit card.
This year we will use the Paint Mine area at the park, which is now open for use (as are rest rooms!). It’s the first area on your left after you pass the Overlook area when coming from the south, or New Scotland/New Salem, direction.
Here is the current schedule for our two gatherings
- 9:00 – 9:30 am Morning Group Pre-Registrants arrive
- 9:30 am Drum Circle
- 10:30 am Service
- 11:30 – 1:00 pm Chat time / Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm – Morning group attendees depart
- 2:00 pm Afternoon Group Pre-Registrants arrive
- 2:30 am Drum Circle
- 3:30 am Service
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm Chat time / Dinner on your own
- 6:00 pm – Afternoon group attendees depart (Park is open until dusk, so you could stay longer)
Look for the big Unity Church banner on the left as you (slowly!) drive through the park (from the New Scotland side).
Things to bring:
- You and your family/party.
- A drum if you have one.
- A mask for everyone in your party that covers mouth and nose.
- Food and beverages for your party. There will be no sharing.
- Dishware, silverware, cups and napkins.
- Chairs or a blanket for everyone to sit on, and to help designate socially distanced spacing between families/parties.
- Optionally, bring an umbrella for sun or light rain protection.
- Hats and sunscreen.
- Your fun loving, wild spirit, heart felt zaniness.
- A bold, fun, creative game/idea to play while holding appropriate social distance.
HOW WE’RE STAYING SAFE
Guarding the health of our members and neighbors is of primary concern for our church, so we’re putting some things in place during this gathering to help do so.
- First, if you or someone in your household is feeling sick in any way, it’s important to stay home and join the online viewing option for Church in the Park. Also, if you or someone in your household is immuno-compromised in any way, we encourage you to stay home and join us in spirit.
- According to experts, gathering outdoors is a much safer way to hold in-person gatherings.
- We will be using proper social distancing in every way. Each family unit/party is asked to place their chairs or blanket 6 feet or more apart from the next.
- We will require everyone to wear a mask. Please bring a face covering for each person in your party. If you don’t have masks, we will have some available at welcome.
- Arrival, departure, and everything in between, including our offering, will be contact-free. If you don’t already give online, there will be designated containers to place physical offerings in.
Sunday, July 26 at Thacher State Park, Paint Mine Pavilion area.