Slides used during Rev Steve’s message:
In a true emergency, the mind stops; you become totally present in the Now, and something infinitely more powerful takes over.”
–Eckhart Tolle in The Power of Now
All of It Belongs
“It’s a question of balance. We need both, you see. We need to honor the light and the dark, the happy and the sad—and everything in between—because all of it belongs. All of it is authentic. And whatever is authentic is normal and necessary.”
- What is hope? It’s an expectation of a good that is yet to be.
- It is an inner knowing that the future holds positive things.
- It is trust that no matter the current circumstances, the days to come will reveal happiness.
- It’s forward-looking—yet experienced in the now.
– Alan Wolfelt
Hope Is the Reason and the Outcome
Hope is a manner of acting as if the best possible outcome you can imagine could truly occur.
Hope is a willingness to accept love and the grace and cooperation that flow from love.
Hope is a willingness to ask for help, believing it will come.
Hope is the reason and the outcome for which we pray.
– A Course of Love C:20.38
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Let go of your illusion of control
- Practice hope-building activities
- Shifting your perception: choose hope