with Rev. Crystal Muldrow
The spiritual path diverges in many ways. Discerning which path to take is both a reflective and an action-packed process. In this course, we take a look at our strengths and abilities, as well as, our desires and passions to help to determine what actions to take or better yet, to discover the questions. Getting to a full-bodied ‘yes’ may be a desired outcome for some, while for others may find forming the questions for clarity more beneficial. Being on the path of your purpose is enlivening and fulfilling, and it also comes with real-life challenges. How do we navigate this terrain?
Discerning Your Purpose provides a process for challenging your thoughts and desires along with accountability steps to manifest that achievement. Students will explore their skills, abilities and spiritual gifts while discovering the ‘next steps’ for progressing to the desired outcome. This course was created and designed by Unity minister Rev Douglas Duerr, after years as a personal coach, trainer, and mentor to many on the path of self-discovery.
Discerning the sacred in any path is our greatest point of awareness. Invite your inner wisdom teacher to emerge. It knows the way.”- Rev Doug Duerr
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Articulate and refine a clear vision/purpose statement with steps of accountability and goals along the way
- Develop a time line of goals; identify and celebrate when at each stage
- Define personal skills, abilities and passions; understand the difference and determine the next steps to support their purpose
- Levoy, Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life. any edition. New York: Three Rivers Pr., ©1998.
- Brumet, Finding Yourself in Transition: Using Life‘s Changes for Spiritual Awakening. Unity Village, MO: Unity Books, 2001, 1995.
- Rosenberg, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life. Puddledancer Press; 3rd edition. September 1, 2015.